Saturday, January 23, 2010

THE WEEK IN REVIEW--EVEN THOUGH THE REVIEW IS B-A-D. By Lynne


"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down."-- Mary Pickford


This week has been the pits. I've had craving of unbelievable intensity. Un. Be. Leeev. Able. And also not ignored. Then today, the cravings are gone. I'd like some good food but, because I've been galloping toward failure--at full speed--and because I want to eat a delicious dinner tomorrow that will be probably 25 points, I'm going to have a 4 point dinner and call it good. Or maybe call it good with a Skinny Cow added--it will be my 2nd today. Thank you Pam for giving me the Skinny's. Now if I'd just get that way. The skinny part, not the cow.

I drank an ounce of barley grass juice today. Do you think that is why the cravings are gone? I'd sure like to think so. That would be an easy fix. And I've had great energy ever since. If that is the reason I'd even grow the stuff myself. We have a super-duper juicer--THAT WE NEVER USE because it's a pain to clean, and it's capable of juicing grass. I'll try another ounce on Monday and Tuesday to see if there is any correlation. And it only cost $1.25. A bargain.


Anyway, that's my report. Failure, failure, failure. This week was, what? A learning experience? A glimpse into my true nature? A walk on the wild side with mint chocolate chips clutched in my sweaty little hand? Or just a bend in the road? If that's it, I missed the bend and drove ninety-miles-an-hour, straight toward the cliff. I think one wheel teetered off the edge or maybe the wheel fell off and it bounced down, down, down, splashed in the river, and made it's way to the sea. Who knows? At any rate, the week is almost over and thank goodness it is.


Here's to non-failure, cute white cardigans, barley grass juice--which was so incredibly nasty, by the way--and a good friend who encourages me, who goes to the dreaded WW meeting with me where we have to face the numbers-beast, and who brings me low point treats.


On the positive side, I bought a white cardigan in a size too small because it will be good motivation and it was $5.00, originally marked $40.00. Marked down two or three times, then another 25% off and I had a coupon for another 15% off. There is no pleasure like finding a bargain. Except buttered popcorn and chocolate. So, since that's out, the cardigan will have to do.


Here's to success, yours and mine, in whatever form you are working at.

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."-- Henry Ford

1 comment:

Pam's Place said...

Barley grass sounds really unappetizing. Maybe that's why you lost your cravings?

Love the quotes.

And I hope you slip into that cute white cardigan really soon.