Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LESS THAN A MEASLY POUND

Ack. Less than a pound loss this week. What's up with that? I'll tell you what, I didn't keep track toward the end of last week so obviously I ate too much AND I didn't exercise. I should exercise first thing in the morning but I sit in front of the "Blue Light," hopefully getting un-depressed while I read the Book of Mormon. I sit there for 28 minutes, trying not to be sleepy. By the time I'm finished the day has begun in earnest. A weight loss of less than a pound is enough to depress anyone so maybe the Blue Light won't help.

I decided to weigh three times a week, that will keep me on track. Guess what? I went to Weight Watchers today and my weight was the exact same as on Monday. Ex-act-ly the same. Like I said, depressing.

For dinner I made Jessica Seinfeld's turkey burgers. I tweaked them just a bit. They come out to three points each. Here's the recipe. I doubled the recipe and will freeze most of them.

Turkey Burgers--originally from Jessica Seinfeld--tweaked a bit--3 points using the whole wheat flour, probably 2.5 using the whole wheat bread crumbs, assuming you'd maybe get 10 burgers with the crumbs.

1 pound ground turkey
1/2 pound button mushrooms
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs--I misread this and used 1 cup whole wheat flour. That took the points from 2 for the bread to 8 for the flour
1/4 cup shredded zucchini--I used one small, which was probably closer to a cup
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. Ketchup
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper

I put the shredder blade on the food processor and shredded both the mushrooms and zucchini. Then I mixed everything together with the dough hook in my mixer--remember I doubled this recipe so I had a lot of goop.

I sprayed three cookie sheets with Pam and used a rounded 1/4 cup mixture for each burger. I baked them, turned them and baked some more. I didn't keep track of the time. They made 23 burgers with the double batch so 11 or 12 for this recipe. Probably 10 using whole wheat bread crumbs.

With two slices of bread this is a 7 point sandwich. 8 if you load on the ketchup. It was very filling and satisfying. Doesn't taste like a burger but it's pretty good. And let's face it, when you are on Weight Watchers you are desperate for something filling and low in points. If you didn't want to use the bread you could even have two burgers for 6 points.

PS My goal was to exercise four times this week. Am I making myself a liar? Is it too late to pick another goal? Will Marion (our instructor) fire me, do you think? I'm going to take a paper bag and when she asks who kept their goal I'm going to put it over my head. She won't be able to see me then and I'll be safe.

1 comment:

Muum said...

hey, those turkey burgers look good. hang in there, and keep trying! You are (a blue-light)Special!