Thursday, January 7, 2010

LYNNE'S WEEK ONE--so she will keep herself accountable.

Weight lost--8.6--posted Monday, January 11th after my first full week. I know that will not happen again but I'm thrilled today. I am almost at the wieght I was when LA Weightloss quit business over a year ago, so I am happy about that.
Tuesday

Exercise: Zilch
Points: 30--over my target points. Hey, it's my first day!
Food Eaten:

2 carrots

grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed, yum

sandwich made with 2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 Tbs peanut butter, 1 Tbs. peach freezer jam from my neighbor Cindy--I had dashed home, with only ten minutes before I had to be at my Personal History mini class and the bread was frozen so I toasted it, threw it together and took it in a paper towel to class

spaghetti noodles

spaghetti sauce

salad

ranch dressing

one small slice french bread

2 Triscuit crackers with clam dip. The devil made me do it.

biscotti


Wednesday

Exercise: Same as Monday
Points: 17 1/2

Food Eaten:

1 egg

1 toast

2 Tbs. Ketchup--yes, Mother dear, it was Hienz

1 bite pumpkin bread

Vegetarian chili--Nalley's

1/2 cup acorn squash

1/2 cup yams w/brown sugar--so bad and so good

salad

2 Tbs. ranch dressing w/2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar--so puckery

12 grape tomatoes


Thursday

Exercise: Same as Tuesday and Wednesday--there seems to be a pattern developing
Points: 22 1/2 except for the chocolate orange, so maybe it's 24 points, who knows?
Food Eaten:


Toad in a hole--I won't let my kids call "Acini de Pepe salad" "Frog eye salad" but I'll eat a toad in a hole--1 egg, 1 piece toast, vegetable spray. This was so delicious. I wanted two but ate blueberries instead.

1/2 cup blueberries

1 cup veggie chili--I seem to be in a rut

12 grape tomatoes

2 Tbs. ketchup

1 "hamburger" patty--a friend had asked another friend and me to dinner because we are members of the Healthy Living mini class. She got the cookbook Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food by Jessica Seinfeld and her meal was from the cookbook. Her "hamburger patty was ground turkey, mushrooms, zucchini--I think--, whole wheat bread crumbs, Worchestersauce and salt and pepper. It was one of the most delicious burgers I've ever eaten. She got 13 patties from one pound of turkey so you can see the calories were way diminished.

1 whole wheat hamburger bun, which she had made from two slices of whole wheat bread! Clever. That tip was from the cookbook.


2 Tbs. ketchup

1 Tbs. mustard

lettuce

tomato

1 1/2 cup French style green beans. Yes, I ate that much.

1 1/2 banana-zucchini-oatmeal cookie--very delicious.

Skinny Cow frozen dessert that my friend--the other poster on this blog--Pam gave me when I stopped by to chat after dinner. Pam is always willing to let me crash at her house.

2 slices chocolate orange leftover from Christmas--it was in the drawer, calling my name. I answered.


FRIDAY

Exercise: HeLLo (knocking on my wooden head). None. Although I did move my feet up and down the entire time I read my scriptures this morning--one half hour. I don't think it counts.
Points: 27 1/2 maybe--this is an estimate
Food Eaten:

1 orange, juiced


1 grapefruit, juiced, both juices mixed together, which was nasty.

2 homemade taco's with salsa, no cheese

8 baby carrots

1 Tbs. ranch dressing

4 Funyums. I asked Hillary what they were and she said, "Don't try them, they are the best junk food ever." Of course I tried them and they are crunchy and oniony and delicious. I should have known. The more processed a food is the better I like it. Bad Funyums. DO NOT TRY THEM. I'm warning you, which really means I'm warning myself ,since I'm the only one who will read this.

ALL of Hillary's leftover KFC coleslaw. Bad, bad and good, good. I squeezed the dressing out with my spoon but you know lots made it into my mouth.

1 bite berry sherbet

salad

The rest of the can of chili, one cup

biscotti


SATURDAY

Exercise: 20 minutes, walking--not that I wanted to but I needed to get out of the house and so it was forced exercise. I came home after only 20 minutes because I was in danger of freezing to death. So much for forced exercise.
Points: 19
Food Eaten:

1 1/2 grapefruit, juiced


almost a full 12 ounce bag of baby carrots

1 Tbs. peanut butter eaten right out of the jar

1 cup spaghetti noodles--I really dumped half of it in the garbage

1 cup spaghetti sauce--half of it got dumped with the spaghetti

1 small dried up piece of French bread--yes, I was desperate

1 cup cooked broccoli--there was more, I couldn't force it down

2 Tbs. ranch dressing, full of fat, full of flavor--it's worth the 4 or 5 points--at least today it's worth it, maybe not as my "points available" goes down. And I have a half quart of dressing to eat. There's probably 10,000 points in the container.

I'm going to have a "Skinny Cow" frozen dessert in a few minutes. Pam gave them to me, bless her little heart!

Later...Nope, didn't eat the Skinny Cow. I will for sure tomorrow. Ate two bites of pumpkin bread and a Tbs. of mashed potatoes w/butter when I warmed up some food for my daughter. But...I didn't eat a bite of lasagna, and I really wanted to.

2 small slices apple


SUNDAY
Exercise: I'm not saying.
Points: as close as I can estimate 35!
Food Eaten:

Nuts--a mistake. I came home from church hungry and I didn't have time to eat any breakfast. I was going to go to bed and sleep because I only had about 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I figure I ate ten points of nuts! And it wasn't very many, either. Oh well.


Pumpkin bread, another desperate act. I'm talking to Pam as I type this and she's saying she had blueberries this afternoon. I wanted to slap my my forehead. Why didn't I do that? (Then I went to bed and when I got up Phil had put the casserole in the oven and it was hot and tasty. Way too tasty.)

Stove Top Stuffing casserole. I had to take a casserole to the food coalition on Friday so I made a smaller version for us. I knew it would be loaded with points but figured it'd be okay because I'd have made good choices all day. Rats. I ate nuts and pumpkin bread. Oh well.

Coleslaw, leftover from BEFORE Christmas, I think. It's been in our Redneck fridge--the garage. I should have had just carrots but.... Old as it was, it was still tasty.

Skinny Cow frozen dessert--only two points and delicious

But, then, I ate the last of the chocolate orange!

I'm now eating carrots and giving some to Kramer.

I also swallowed about ten fiber pills and have had three glasses of water--16 oz. glasses. So far the water is plumping the fiber and staying put so I may not have lost much tomorrow. Oh well. I seem to say "Oh well" a lot.

So that's my week's confession. No exercise. Either not enough food or too much. We'll see what Marion--our Weight Watcher leader--has to say tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I admire you, not just you're restraint, where the hell's the dessert lol but also you cook, i don't cook, I hate cooking...Wow to me already with what you did you deserve 20 pounds less, so I'm praying to God to make you loose 20 pounds quickly and healthily and not because you're sick...I've lost ten pounds through this stupid flu...but I fully intend to take it back...Am I allowed to comment here? it's ok if can only comment if I diet

Pam's Place said...

I'll keep your Toad in a Hole in mind. I seem to be craving eggs, which I don't eat very often. Last night late, I had a bowl of grits with a fried egg in them. Sounds awful now, but then it really hit the spot. It put me a few points over (except for those wonderful "Weekly Allowance" points), and I REALLY shouldn't have eaten ANYTHING at 11:30 PM, but oh, it tasted sooooooo good!

Pam's Place said...

You added to your original post here, didn't you Lynne? Or did I just miss the Funyums the first time around? I have to agree -- the more processed a food is, the more enticing it seems to be.

We have to stick with grapes and celery and carrots.