Wednesday, February 3, 2010

HOW I'M CAMPAIGNING FOR A LESS STUFFED CLOSET

Yesterday I bought a darling red sweater-type jacketish thing ($9.00--70% off). It's very cute. Okay, it's still a large but it doesn't have any "X's" before the "L." I'm tired of seeing "X" on my clothes. It also doesn't fit yet. I'm not letting that bother me.

Today I bought a pair of sixe 16 pants ($12.00--70% off but it was as Kohls and they mark their stuff high to begin with so you think you are getting a bargain). Okay, they pants are stretchy. And they don't exactly fit yet. But, I can fasten and zip them, and even buckle the belt, but if I tried to sit down, there might be a problem.

I'm adding them to the small white cardigan I bought some time ago. So, three items of clothing in smaller sizes. If I continue to loose they will be my new wardrobe. Three lone hangers, instead of the millions I have now. I'm campaigning for an empty closet with smaller stuff in a two inch space instead of the 12 items in "grande" size that I have in every two inch space now.

Wish me luck. And more bargains.

I tried on a herringbone jacket--black--that I haven't been able to wear in a while. It too almost fit. But, now I need a new red necklace to go with it. Problems with getting thinner. Three items--four with the herringbone--and no jewelry to wear with it.

Does this sound particularly shallow? I thought so. When it's late at night my river doesn't run deep.

PS I finally lost this week. I'm down fourteen-point-something pounds. My hope for you that if you are not thinner--not everyone wants to loose weight--that you are happier. Giddy with happiness, even.

3 comments:

Pam's Place said...

Having a different wardrobe is one of the prizes we get for shedding pounds. Even if there are fewer items hanging in our closets, it will be fun to have new ones hanging there. We'll think we wandered into the wrong house and have someone else's closet in front of us.

Pam's Place said...

I've said it personally, but will say it publicly, Congratulations on saying goodbye to several more pounds, Lynne. You're my inspiration!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Good for you! I also love putting new smaller clothing in my wardrobe - I mostly have excised all the bigger stuff!