Monday, February 15, 2010

CHECKING IN--by Lynne

I don't want to have slow weight loss. I want to gallop toward the goal line, not meander. Why is rapid weight loss so bad?

"Because you gain it again," you're saying, aren't you?

You're not the first to tell me. I've heard that one jillion times.

I had a Weight Watcher leader once say she used to make a bargain with the Lord. "I'll do such-and-such if I wake up skinny." She never woke up skinny until the final day after months and months of dieting. She stayed skinny because she wanted to work for Weight Watchers.

Where is this leading? No where. I'm just sayin' I want to be in new numbers every two weeks. Five pounds loss a week isn't unreasonable. What? What is that you're saying?

"You'd have to exercise--A LOT--to have a five pound loss every week."

Who asked you?

2 comments:

Doreen Hall said...

I have read somewhere that insulin has anorexigenic effects on the brain. So someone who is insulin resistant might not react to insulin by decreasing appetite.

tierneyzan said...

I am reading this just prior to taking some peanut butter m & m's to bed.