Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fat Knees

I have fat knees. Truth be known, that's why I joined Weight Watchers. It's just the point where I draw the line.

I've known for awhile that my knees were fat. But the other night for some reason, I just kept thinking about fat knees. You know the old song, "High Hopes" sung by Frank Sinatra? Well, that tune came to me while I was thinking "fat knees, I've got fa-a-at knees" and if I were clever I would be able to come up with a whole new set of lyrics to that song. But I'm not, so I just keep singing that one line over and over.

I never dreamed I would some day have fat knees. (Heck, having grown up with the nickname "Bones" I never dreamed I would some day have fat anything.) I remember not too many years ago, seeing older women who had fat knees and thinking, "Boy am I glad I don't have fat knees!" That'll teach me. Now I have fat knees and I bet younger women look at me and think "Boy am I glad I don't have fat knees!" This is my warning -- don't think it. Maybe thinking it, judging those other dear ladies' knees, is what brought the curse of the fat knees upon me.

Or maybe it was because I ate too much.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That is why I don't wear shorts or even capris--I don't want anyone to see my fatness of the legs. And you couln't have fat knees or you wouldn't fit into your jeans. There would be legs and then this balloon thing and then more leg. I don't see any balloons in the middle of your legs.

Pam's Place said...

No, really, I do have fat knees. You just don't see them because they are usually covered. My pants aren't tight enough to show the balloons.

Aren't we going to be happy wearing capris this summer when our knees are skinny? I can't wait!

Venise said...

Lynne,
How wonderful - down 14 pounds that is fantastic!! Just a few more of your success stories and maybe I will be motivated to start weight watchers. I love you. Venise