Thursday, February 18, 2010

FAT KNEES, TOO by Lynne

"Some Grannies have thin legs, fat knees, friendly smiles or soft laps.Our Granny has a wobbly bottom...."

I do not have a wobbly bottom but the fat knees? I'm afraid so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Pam said she had fat knees I scoffed. Thou shouldnst not scoff because you will find out you will be visited by the fat-knees fairy. Pam, we should start a support group.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to the temple today and while I was walking to the chapel I heard a noise. A rhythmic noise. An embarrassing noise. So then I walked bow-legged and it quit. I'm so embarrassed. So embarrassed that since no one heard my fat knees sploching together I told the whole world about it here, just in case I could increase my embarrassment by ten fold.


I'm sorry, Pam. I shall not scoff at you anymore in case that fairy-of-all-things-bad might be listening and whack me with her evil magic wand. Again.


PS The illustrator for OUR GRANNY, Julie Vivas, is my favorite watercolor illustrator. I have this book but I won't read it to the grandkids because the last time I did one of them identified me as one of the grannies I didn't want to be.

1 comment:

tierneyzan said...

Poor you. I know this sound all to well myself.